You walk through the grocery store, focused on grabbing everything on your list. As you shiver through the frozen section, you see dozens of options for tomorrow night’s chicken dish. You grab the first, cheapest option and keep pushing your buggy down the aisle.
But the quality of tomorrow’s dinner depends on where this chicken was months ago. We know no one has time to sit at the grocery store looking up the history behind each package of chicken. But … it matters. A lot.
1) Quality, quality, quality.
How farmers raise chickens ultimately affects the quality of the product that ends up on your plate. Where they live, what they eat, and every step along the way from farm to table contributes to the quality of the meat.
At George’s, we raise our chickens right. That means we:
- Ensure chickens live in safe, comfortable environments
- Feed chickens a healthy, non-GMO diet and supply fresh water
- Don’t use hormones, steroids, or antibiotics
- Provide veterinary services to keep our chickens healthy
2) You can taste the difference.
You’ve heard the old saying, “You are what you eat.” And it’s true. If chickens eat moldy grain, when it makes its way to your plate — so do you! If chickens are raised in cramped, harsh living conditions and their entire lives are fueled by stress and fear, that comes out in the product.
When farmers raise chickens in responsible ways that allow the chickens to have healthy, happy lives, you can truly taste the difference.
3) The farmer is key.
At the end of the day, the farmers raising the chickens play the biggest role in the product that ends up on your table. So … choose wisely!
At George’s, we’re intentional in selecting our partner farmers. We work with farming families in five states who share our values and commitment to raising animals right. When you buy our products, you support these American farmers.
Our partner farmers:
- Are trained in animal welfare
- Are committed to providing safe, healthy and low-stress environments
- Are based right here in the United States
4) Feel good about your decision.
When you know you’re eating chicken that was raised right, you can feel good about your choice. And at the end of the day, we want you to feel good about your food.