What is an air fryer?
You may have come across this buzzworthy term on your social media feeds or in conversation with friends, but what is an air fryer anyway?
An air fryer is a small countertop version of a conventional oven! While an air fryer does not actually fry your food, it replicates the results of a deep fryer using much less oil and fats, which makes air-fried food a healthier option!
The top section of an air fryer contains a heating mechanism and fan. The food you want to cook is placed in a basket underneath, and hot air circulates all around the food, which makes it deliciously crispy.
Types of chicken to cook in air fryer
When cooking chicken on the grill, stovetop or oven, it can be tricky to achieve the perfect flavor and texture. But when using an air fryer, getting that “crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside” chicken is easier than ever!
Here are popular types of chicken to experiment cooking on your air fryer.
Boneless chicken breasts
Chicken is an excellent source of lean protein, making it an ideal addition to a healthy diet. Chicken is a low-sodium, sugar-free protein source, and it can be dressed up with herbs and spices … or kept completely plain to be used in a variety of dishes.
Georges Farmers Market boneless skinless chicken breasts is healthy, premium chicken you can feel good about–We only feed our animals an all-vegetable diet of US-sourced non-GMO grains! We love this recipe by Simply Happy Foodie, who outlines these super easy steps to making chicken breasts in an air fryer:
- Brush the chicken breast with olive oil.
- Sprinkle one side with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place the breast in the air fryer basket seasoned side down. Then season the other side.
- Cook at 360° for 9 minutes.
- Then flip the chicken breast over and cook for another 9 minutes. Larger chicken breasts need more cook time, and smaller ones need less time.
- Open the air fryer immediately so it doesn’t continue cooking in the heat.
Air fryer chicken wings
Looking for a simple, tailgate-ready chicken wing recipe that keeps you energized all game long? Look no further than air fryer chicken wings!
Food Network shares this straightforward air fryer chicken wings recipe:
- Spray the basket of a 3.5-quart air fryer with cooking spray and set aside.
- Pat the chicken wings dry and sprinkle generously with salt.
- Place the wings in the fryer basket so they are not touching (if necessary to fit, line up the drumettes standing upright along the sides).
- Set the air fryer to 360 degrees F and cook for 12 minutes, then flip the wings with tongs and cook for 12 minutes more.
- Flip the wings again, increase the heat to 390 degrees F and cook until the outsides are extra-crispy, about 6 minutes more.
Better yet, these air fryer chicken wings don’t call for sauce, meaning you can make a few sauce options sure to please everyone in your game-watching crew! Buffalo, ranch, bleu cheese, or garlic parmesan are all delicious dipping sauce options that go well with air fryer chicken wings.
Chicken tenders air fryer no breading
For those who are on the keto diet or Whole30, it can be tricky to find meal options that are approved! For those with specific dietary needs or restrictions, the air fryer is your best friend because it allows you to recreate favorite meals in a healthier way!
These gluten-free, dairy-free chicken tenders from Whole Lotta Yum are low carb and loaded with flavor. Georges Farmers Market boneless skinless chicken tenderloins provide the perfect base for these chicken tenders! George Farmers Market chicken tenderloins are a guilt-free way to indulge in a classic meal–and no tough, rubbery chicken … ever!
Here’s the easy chicken tenders air fryer recipe:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F for 3-5 minutes.
- Coat your chicken tenders with oil then sprinkle or brush the chicken rub on the chicken.
- Press dry rub into the chicken meat
- Air fry for 8-9 mins, flipping after 5 minutes.