Japanese Fried Chicken Thighs
Prep + Cook Time40 Minutes
- 6 Georges Farmers Market Chicken Thighs
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, divided
- 4 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup corn starch
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded Napa cabbage
- ½ cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Sriracha aioli
- Combine the chicken with soy sauce and 2 tablespoons vinegar in a zipped bag. Marinade for 30 minutes, or for more flavor, marinade overnight.
- Heat vegetable oil to 375ºF in a deep large skillet or counter-top fryer.
- Combine the starch, ginger, and garlic in a mixing bowl.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and dredge in the starch mixture, coating over the chicken. Carefully place the chicken in the hot oil and cook for 10-15 minutes or until cooked throughout. Repeat this step with remaining pieces of chicken.
- Combine the cabbages with remaining vinegar and sesame oil in a mixing bowl.
- Serve chicken over cabbage salad and garnish with sesame seeds and a side of sriracha aioli.