Prep + Cook Time40 Minutes
** This recipe makes a double batch of Chicken Fajitas so you have leftovers for Fajita Chicken Tostadas.
- 8 Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 red onions, one finely chopped and two sliced, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed
- Shredded Lettuce
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Pico de Gallo
- Lime Wedges
- In a large bowl, combine 1/3 cup of the oil, vinegar, lime juice, finely chopped onion, garlic, and hot sauce. Season generously with Kosher salt. Add chicken, stir to coat, and marinate in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours.
- Preheat grill over medium-high heat. Grill chicken, flipping once, until it is just cooked through to an internal temperature of 165°F. Remove from grill, let rest for 5 minutes, then slice.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add sliced onions and peppers and season with Kosher salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Top warmed tortillas with chicken, peppers and onions, guacamole, pico de gallo, lettuce, cheese, a squeeze of lime, and cilantro.