Harvest Chicken Casserole
Prep + Cook Time55 Minutes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon minced thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon minced rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon minced sage
- 6 cups cooked wild rice*
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pepitas, roasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet and cook, flipping once, about 5-6 minutes per side or until just cooked through. Remove from the skillet and chop into 1” pieces.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400°F. Combine vegetables with 2 tablespoons oil, herbs, salt, and pepper, and place on two foil-lined baking trays in a single layer. Roast in the oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- Lower oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13” baking dish with olive oil. Combine rice, chicken, vegetables, and dried cranberries and add to the baking dish. Cook for 15 minutes, then top with pepitas and feta.
* For extra flavor, it is suggested to cook wild rice in chicken broth