Grilled Chicken Tenderloins Cooking Instructions
For all cooking methods, heat to an internal temperature of 165° F.
4 each Georges Farmers Market Chicken Breast
2 Ea.Small – Medium Fresh Poblano Peppers
1 tsp.Kosher salt
1 tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
2 Ea. 2 oz’s. slices Pepper Jack Cheese
Ancho Chile Cream Sauce:
2 Cups Heavy Cream
1 Tbsp. Cajun Spice
1/2 Tbsp.Ancho Chile Powder
1. For the poblano and pepper jack-stuffed chicken breasts: Roast the poblano peppers over an open flame until completely charred, transfer to a plastic bag and seal for 10 minutes. Peel the charred skin, remove all the seeds and cut each pepper in half.
2. Meanwhile, put chicken breasts on a cutting board and pound with a meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the oil, heat, then add the chicken and cook until the first side is golden-brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip and cook until the second side is golden-brown, another 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer chicken to sheet pan, on one side lay a poblano strip, followed by the pepper jack cheese, and another poblano strip. Fold the breast in half, repeat for all chicke. Place sheet pan in the oven until internal temperature reaches 165°
4. Meanwhile, make the ancho chile cream sauce: Bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan and cook until reduced by 1/3. Add the Cajun spice and ancho chile powder and simmer for another minute or so. Keep warm.
5. When the chicken is done, cut each piece into 2 equal halves. Lay one piece in the centers of 2 dinner plates and top each with 2 poblano halves, 1 piece of pepper jack, and another piece of chicken. Pour half of the Ancho Chile Cream Sauce over the tops and serve immediately.