Garlic Knot Chicken Sandwiches
Prep + Cook Time105 Minutes
- 39 g Fat
- 12 g Sat. Fat
- 131 g Carbs
- 4 g Fiber
- 15 g Sugars
- 58 g Proteins
1 Lb. refrigerated pizza dough, set at room temp for 30 minutes
½ Cup Olive Oil, divided in half
2 Georges Farmers Market® Boneless Skinless Breasts, cut in half crosswise to create a total of 4 thin chicken slices
Kosher salt and black pepper
2 Large Eggs
2 Tbsp. Milk
½ Cup All Purpose Flour
3 Cups Italian Breadcrumbs
1 Cup Vegetable Oil (For Frying)
½ Cup Marinara Sauce, plus more to serve
6 Ea. Slices Provolone Cheese
½ Cup Fresh Grated Parmesan cheese, divided in half
8 Gloves of Garlic (minced)
3 Tbsp. Butter
2 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped fine
Making the Bread:
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. On a smooth surface, cut the pizza dough into 3 equal-sized pieces. If your dough is sticking too much to the rolling surface, very lightly sprinkle the surface with flour. Roll the dough into long, even ropes, about 1.5 to 2 feet long. Tie each rope in a figure-8 knot and transfer to the prepared baking sheet, gently pulling at the ends to create a longer, thinner knot. Brush with olive oil and cover with plastic wrap for 20 minutes.
3. Bake until cooked through and just beginning to turn golden on top, approx. 22-25 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Preparing the Chicken:
4.While the bread is baking, Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs & milk. Pour the flour and breadcrumbs into two additional, separate bowls. Dip the chicken pieces, one at a time, into the flour, then the eggs, then the breadcrumbs, patting and turning to adhere. Then, set the chicken aside on a large plate.
5. Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken in batches and cook until the chicken is browned and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a paper towel lined plate to absorb excess oil.
6. Carefully slice the baked bread knots in half, crosswise. Spoon marinara sauce on the bottom of each bread knot half. Then, place a chicken piece on top. You will have one extra chicken piece, which you can use to double-up a sandwich or you can save for leftovers. Top the chicken pieces with additional marinara. Place two slices of provolone cheese on each sandwich, and then sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Cover with the top bread knot halves and transfer back to the oven until warmed through and the cheese has melted, about 5 minutes
7. In a small, microwave safe bowl, combine the garlic, remaining olive oil, butter. Cover loosely and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, cover, and microwave again for 15 seconds, or until melted. Mix in the chopped parsley.
8. Brush the sandwiches generously with the garlic oil mixture, making sure to scoop the garlic pieces with the pastry brush and dab them on the knots. Serve warm with additional marinara.