Cajun Stuffed Chicken
Prep + Cook Time50 Minutes
- 29 g Fat
- 13 g Sat. Fat
- 5 g Carbs
- 2 g Fiber
- 3 g Sugars
- 58 g Proteins
4 ea. Georges Farmers Market® boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoons olive oil
4 large white or cremini mushrooms, sliced
½ red bell pepper, diced
½ green bell pepper, diced
¼ white onion, diced
½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
4 teaspoons cajun seasoning
4 tablespoons butter
1. Use a meat tenderizer to pound out the chicken breasts until about ¼-inch thick.
2. Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Saute mushrooms, bell pepper, and onions for 5 minutes, until par-cooked.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a 9×13 pan.
4. Place a pinch of cheese in the center of each chicken breast. Place a large spoonful of mushroom and bell pepper mixture on top. Finish off with another pinch of cheese.
5. Carefully roll up the chicken so stuffing is completely inside. Secure the chicken with toothpicks. Place in the prepared pan. Season generously with cajun seasoning. Place a tablespoon of butter on top of each chicken breast.
6. Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is cooked through, to an internal temperature of 165°F, about 30 to 40 minutes.
7. Remove toothpicks before serving. You can serve the chicken whole, or slice in half, or in 1-inch slices.