Spicy Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Prep + Cook Time
1 lb. boneless, skinless Georges Farmers Market® chicken breasts
2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
3 slices bacon, cooked and diced
3 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, at room temperature
2 tbsp. fat free chicken broth
1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Cups Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a shallow baking dish with non-fat cooking spray
- Using a mallet, pound out each chicken fillet to get a larger, thinner fillet. Then season both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine cream cheese, broth, cheddar, jalapenos, bacon
- Spoon the cheese mixture onto on half of each chicken breast fillet. Fold in half to close, and roll in bread crumbs.
- Place into baking dish and cover with foil. Make a few holes to allow steam to release
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes allowing bread crumbs to brown. Remove when chicken is cooked all the way through and reaches an internal temperature of 170°.